Thursday, August 2, 2012

Twin Crowns VN: First lineart done!

I like to work very big then be all perfectionist about making things just so.  This is great when I'm obsessing over getting anatomy correct, but getting the lines really pretty doesn't actually matter at the size I'm working in, because all the little mistakes disappear when the project is shrunk.  Still, I can't seem to help it.

Despite all this perfectionism I have managed to get something completed today.  I've been working slowly on one of the sprites for my visual novel, Twin Crowns.  Specifically, I've been working on Eric, the more outgoing twin prince.




I think I've got all the anatomy issues fixed.  His arms will have different positions for a wider range of emotion.  I haven't figured out what poses the arms will have, exactly.  I think that will be easier to sort out after I have the script done.  With this done, his brother Charles is also closer to being complete.  They wear different clothes and have different hair and expressions, but other than that they're the exact same sprite.  I've also used the same torso for the steward, John, but I'm starting to think that maybe I should alter it a bit.  Maybe give him a wider chest or make him taller or something.

I'm very happy with the line art so far.  I hope when I color him he'll still look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment