Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Twin Crowns: Rashid now has flats!

It has been far too long since my last post.  It's not that I haven't been creative, it's just that all of my energy has been going into some very big projects that aren't ready to show yet.  As a way of taking a break I've been slowly chipping away at Twin Crowns again.
 




Here's Rashid in full color and with a full body.  I decided that I should really be doing the pictures full length since it helps fix flaws in anatomy, allows for more possible uses of the sprite in game, and it's useful for promotional art.  Since I'm being so slow on the art for this I keep improving before I next work on it so things keep getting tweaked.  I expect that I'll be altering the linework for him again before I get the shading done.  There were quite a few changes in proportions, most notably fixing the chest so that it isn't so narrow.

I worked really hard to get him and his brother done before Christmas, but didn't make it.  You see, there was a Secret Santa I participated in, and I wanted to have some good references for the person who had me.  Khanachi still did an awesome job, as you can see.

http://sharmclucas.deviantart.com/art/LSF-Secret-Santa-421854170


I'm thinking of swapping a few colors to match this version.  I really love the "same but different" element she's got going with the clothes.

When I started this game I intended it to be an example of how I could do it all myself,  Sort of like a portfolio piece.  I'd still like to do it all myself but I'm beginning to think that I won't be able to do it justice.  I'm thinking very seriously about getting a few people to do the things I find difficult like writing and programming.  If I do this will likely end up being a commercial game with some other game play elements mixed into the VN story line kind of like how the Ace Attorney games do.

No comments:

Post a Comment