Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The part where I need to be stubborn

This is the hardest part of any project, where I've put lots of work into something, but there's enough left to do that a good push of effort won't get me to the finish.  I get ideas for other projects or annoyed at the one I'm working on.  I start to wonder if there's any worth in what's been done so far.  Sometimes taking a break helps, but most of the time I just need to buckle down, be stubborn and work on it anyway.



 I'm at this point with the magnet dolls.  I know what I want to draw, I've done quite a few items, but I don't want to do anymore, I just want to print it out and play with it to see what's working and what isn't.  Every little item seems to take forever and takes up so little space on the page!



The base set is going very slowly.  Drawing hairstyles is boring and I'm no good at animals.  I'm much happier with what I've done for the girl's water set.  I've had to force myself to stop drawing stuff for it so that I can at least try to get more done with that base.  Having clothes is worthless without it!

Today's been a day for noticing potential problem areas.  Thinks like how many tiny corners the hair has and the thin and easily bent places on some things like the sunglasses.  I've heard that small items don't stick well, so I'm hoping that none of these are too small to stay on a fridge.  This is why I'm so anxious to test them!  Although, if it is a problem, I don't really know what the solution will be.

No sense borrowing trouble.  For now I need to keep working.

4 comments:

  1. A sailor dress!! Yay :) Do you want me to try and find a sailor outfit for a boy? I know they were more popular in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thank you, I've got some good references. I'm just concentrating on the girl's clothes first.

      Delete
  2. P.S. If you are okay with it, please add this gadget to your blog so that I can get an email when you update. :D

    ReplyDelete