Wednesday, September 3, 2014

TIAM: Keeping going

My cold got worse (at least, I hope it's just a cold), making today even harder than yesterday.  Two autotiles.  Some graves.  An animated swamp tile.  No idea if any of it actually is functional, I didn't feel like checking.  I'm moving forward but no where near quickly enough to make the goal.  At this rate I'll be spending most of the month playing catch up.

The important thing is that I am moving forward, even if it is just a small amount.  Something I've learned from all my various challenge attempts is that it's less about a huge effort and more about just putting the work in day after day, even if it stops being fun.  That and your brain likes to distract you with stupid things that don't matter because it doesn't want to do something so big.

So, it turns out that Despain doesn't have an animated base, apparently the one I thought was partial is all he uses.  He just animates each sprite individually.  I can work with that but it will be harder.  I may end up dropping the sprites anyway though, since Despain's next pack was supposed to be focused on characters and he's much better at them than I am.  We'll see how it goes.  I have lots of other interesting things I could do instead.

Here's hoping I feel better.  I'll be babysitting the rest of the week so things are only going to get harder.

2 comments:

  1. I ended starting a new tileset, since my muse changed. That's okay though- I'm only pixeling for expression. My real home (and skillset) is in programming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allowing yourself to change your mind is the death knell for things like this, but I'm not one to talk. I'm not having any fun working on this set, so I may end up doing the same.

      Delete